Monday, November 23, 2009

Tell 'em to take out their tongues

Oh Austin, how you have made me happy once again. Weekend was awesome. Starting off getting my hair cut and getting drunk by myself to seeing a band that I was once in love with at the sweet tender age of 18ish, AFI.

Friday - Typical day for me on a friday in the ATX. After getting off work, I was exhausted. I layed down on my couch and was dreading getting up to go get a much needed haircut. (my hair stylist person of a lady decided I should grow my hair out. Who knows what that will look like in 3 months!) Once the slaughters of the split-ends ended, I drove down to The Gingerman to try a beer I had never had before. I ended up trying Saint Arnold's Rootbeer thinking that it was some kind of special brew or something they have. I was wrong, it was real rootbeer. I was confused due to that fact that I was a bar drinking a soda? What a cruel joke. After consuming it very quickly and amazing the drunk gentialmen sitting at the bar beside me because they thought I had just down a pint of Guinness, I ordered a Saint Arnold Christmas Brew. It was scrumptious.
SAC When I finished I decided to go home. The way home obvisouly consist of a detour to Specs Liquor to find more tasty treats. I picked up a sixer of Fireman's 4, Pyramid Hefe and UFO Hefe (Harpoons Unfiltered Offering for those that are curiuos.) I went home and started popping tops. I made a big board to rate the beers and started drinking. (More on the beers on a later date. I'd like to get more than just 3 to try and compare.) This was the beginning of me passing out around 11 o'clock and ending my night.

Saturday - I was originally supposed to work this day, but I am a master of getting myself out of those situations even though I could use the cash. This day started off with a hangover. Everyone (except Clint and Brooke) has had hangovers or the night before love relation with the toliet. Thankfully I just had the lingering headache that will eventually dissolve with greasey foods and Dr. Pepper. This is how I have come to find Conan's Pizza. I curse the people I know here in Austin that have not introduced me to this place. Awesome pizza and even more awesomenesser is that the place looks like it hasn't remodeled since at least the 70s  or early 80s. Wood paneling for the walls and mirrors that were foggy just from years of being in the place.
Getting back home, I did the usualy ritual of sitting on my ass watching College Football like I usually do every saturday. Then, I met up with Clint at his studio. He was pritting some posters for a comedian that was having a show in Conn. (Check out his posters and his blog at http://www.clintprints.com/  good stuff.) I brought some of the beer that was left from the night before and we killed them pretty quick. After helping him a bit on the poster-making-process, we met up with his girlfriend Brooke at Luster Pearl and continued to drink more. Finished the night like any other binge drinker would and went to IHOP.

Sunday - Woke up at 10:30 after only sleeping for 6 hours and met up with my dad. A new tradition my father and I have started is on sundays, go eat lunch and then watch a movie. So, we met up at Which Wich, ate lunch then went to the movies. We saw The Blindside. The movie was awesome. Easily made my top 5 favorite movie list. Everyone should watch it. (I realize this is getting long and quite frankly, I do not feel like summarizing it. I have class in twenty minutes. Just go watch it.) After the movie, I met back up with Clint to go watch AFI at Stubb's Bar-be-Que. Awesome show! I will have more on the show with pictures and some live video.

In all, a pretty uplifting and great weekend. Hope all you guys had a semi to great weekend also.

2 comments:

  1. "Hope all you guys had a semi"?! Haha! Gross dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very entertaining i thought. it's good :)

    ReplyDelete